Integrate AAC into your practice.
Express interest for next batch now for Avaz’s AAC Certification Course
Avaz Inc. presents ‘Avaz Certified AAC Professional’ (ACAP), an online certification course covering everything that you need to know for successful AAC implementation. Avaz has been at the forefront of introducing Augmentative and Alternative Communication systems in the country with more than 10 years of experience in the field of assistive technology.
Get the best training from the course designed to enable professionals to become AAC experts. Enroll now and support the communication of individuals with speech and language difficulties by becoming an Avaz AAC Certified Professional!
Why Become an Avaz AAC Certified Professional?
Implementation Ideas with examples and practical demonstrations
Demo of key features of Avaz and how to set it up & personalize for the child’s individual needs with Live Q&A
Free Avaz License
Participants with full attendance and a score of above 80% on all quizzes get a free Annual Avaz subscription worth Rs.3000
Connect with Users
Gain more visibility by getting listed on our webpage. Certified AAC Professionals contacts will be shared with all Avaz users on app download.
About the Course
Nov 29, 2021
(Live Q&A – Attendance Mandatory on All Fridays)
Module 1: 3 Dec
Module 2: 10 Dec
Module 3: 17 Dec
Module 4: 24 Dec
12 hours (4 modules in 4 weeks)
Each module has
A. 2-hour Recorded videos with specially curated AAC content that you can watch at your convenience by Anjana Sathyabodha, Speech Language Pathologist
B. 1-hour Live Q&A sessions with Anjana Sathyabodha, Speech Therapist
- Early Bird Offer:
INR 7999 only till 27 Nov 2021
- Bulk booking as a group of 5+ professionals – additional 5% discount
Call us at +91-6379905790 for more details
ON-DEMAND VIDEOS and Live Q&A Sessions
Anjana Sathyabodha MSc (AIISH), NLP practitioner (ABNLP)
Speech Language Pathologist
Anjana Sathyabodha is an RCI certified Speech-Language Pathologist specialized in Autism and Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC). With over 10 years of experience, including 5 years in the UK, she now works as an independent practitioner in Bangalore, India providing tele-therapy services to families in need of AAC intervention. She has national and international work experience in the SEN field for over 13 years.
- Avaz AAC Certified Professional (AACP) will be awarded on successful completion of the course
- Requirements for certification
- Completion of a quiz with above 80% marks
- Completion of Avaz assignment given at the end of the course
- Attendance is mandatory for all Live Q&A Sessions (except for unavoidable emergencies)
Quiz and Assignment
- An online quiz after each module to be taken within a week of completion of the module, and before the start of the next module
- If participant does not achieve minimum marks for qualifying, they can re-take the quiz after a minimum of 48 hours`
- The recorded sessions will be available for the student to view again if required, through the duration of the course.
If you are passionate about giving the best communication support to your client through adoption of world class assistive technology, this course is for you. Eligible participants include, but not limited to the following professionals.
(Please note that professionals new to Avaz and AAC are welcome to enroll)
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Speech Therapists
This content is available through the week and viewable at your convenience and the Quiz for each module is to be completed every Friday.
a) Recorded videos of the sessions (by a speech therapist)
b) Downloadable resources (PDFs / image files) for sharing with parents
c) Links to valuable online resources
d) Quiz / Assignements
Detailed Course Syllabus
The course content has been developed by Anjana based on her vast experience of AAC implementation and SLP Practice in collaboration with Team Avaz.
Understanding AAC (2 hours)
Session 1: Intro to AAC and Avaz as an AAC tool
- Impact of communication challenges
- AAC – What is AAC, Types of AAC and Access Methods
- Myths & Facts of AAC
- Mindset barriers regarding AAC
Session 2: Understanding Core words for developing Communicative functions
- Goal of AAC
- SNUG – Spontaneous Novel Utterance Generation
- Understanding Vocabulary: Core & Fringe words· Using Core words for Communicative functions
Introducing AAC using Avaz (2 hours)
Session1: Starting with Avaz
Avaz features demo
- Setting up Avaz to suit user’s needs – visual, hearing, motor & language
- Personalising Avaz for user’s interests and environment
- How to backup Avaz and share content
Session2: Starting with Implementing AAC
- Starting with AAC – What, Who, Where, When & How?
- Understanding Aided Language Stimulation
- Babbling with AAC & Attributing Meaning
- Implementation Barriers-common questions & challenges
Strategies for developing language and communication (2 hours)
Session 1: Key strategies for effective AAC implementation
- Modelling – importance of modelling, how to model, benefits of modelling, best practices
- · Prompting – Prompting hierarchy, how to prompt, fading prompts to make the user independent, best practices
Session 2 : More strategies for developing language and communication
- Communicative temptations to motivate communication
- Strategies to build language -self-talk, parallel talk, expansion etc.
- A step-by-step AAC implementation guide
AAC Literacy and Tele-practice (2 hours)
Session 1: AAC and Literacy
- Why is literacy important for AAC users?
- Shared Reading, Shared Writing, Predictable chart writing· Transitioning strategies from pictures (symbols) to keyboard (text)
Session 2: Setting up Tele-practice
- How to do Assessment, setting up goals, creating lesson plans
- Ideas for activities based on child’s interests
- Monitoring and tracking child’s progress
- Tele-AAC implementation ideas
Got Questions? Here are the answers
This course covers all fundamentals of AAC and walks you through all Avaz features.
So, You are welcome to grow your AAC and Avaz expertise through this course.
Here’s the checklist for course particpation:
- Registration and Payment
- Download Free Trial Version of Avaz on Your Device
- A device with stable internet to connect via Zoom
- Clear Audio for participation in Q&A Sessions
- Each module’s videos will be available online for you to view at your convenience through the week. At the end of the week (Saturday) is the live Q&A session (mandatory to attend) to address any questions related to the module and to discuss the Quiz / assignment questions if required.
- All participants get limited-time access to the recorded webinar until the end of the course so that they can review the topics.
- There is an online quiz to be taken for each module
- Quiz of each module will be available on-demand and you can take it at your convenience during the week and positively before the Q&A session on the following saturday.
- If a student does not achieve minimum marks for qualifying, they can re-take the quiz after a minimum of 48 hours
- We recommend that you take the quiz by Wednesday so that you can retake it by Friday of the following week, if necessary.
- There are four 1-hour live Q&A sessions on 4 Fridays, that are mandatory to attend.
- 72 hours or more before start of course – Full refund
- Within 72 hours of start of course – 50% refund
- From the date of the course commencement, there is strictly no refund
- You can join the course at a later time to continue and complete the course
- You will be given access to the course content and watch the videos
The course will include several practical demos of Avaz features. So, please install a free 14-day trial version of Avaz from the app store/ play store. Once the course begins, we will extend the validity of your Avaz app so that it’s active for the entire duration of the course.
Please ensure you use the SAME email id and phone number as you have entered in the course registration form.
To download Avaz app:
Please have Avaz installed on your device to practise Avaz implementation during the course.
Avaz runs on the following devices and platforms:
Avaz runs on iPads, iPad Minis, iPad Pros
The minimum configuration is that the iPad should run Apple’s iOS version 9.3 and above. Note:
2) Android tablets and Android Phones
– Android ver 6.0 and above
– Screen size – 7.9″ and above.
– RAM – 2 GB and above
– Internal memory – min 32GB
– Android ver 5.0
– Screen size – 5″
– RAM – 1GB
– Internal memory – 1GB free space
Write to email@example.com or call us at +91-6379905790 for any queries related to the course. Help is just a click or call away.
Terms and Conditions
Here’s the fine print of the terms and conditions for your reference:
Certification: Certification will be provided to all participants who successfully complete the course satisfying the following conditions:
1. Mandatory attendance for all 4 live Q&A sessions
2. A score of 80% and above in all the quizzes
3. Completion of the assignment given at the end of the course
The certificate is valid for three years, after which it needs to be renewed. Please note that renewals will be charged as determined by Avaz Inc at that time.
Attendance: Attendance for all 4 live Q&A sessions is mandatory
Quiz: Completing the quiz by Tuesday of the following week is mandatory. A score of 80% and above is required for certification. In case your score is less, please retake the quiz before the deadline. => completing the quiz by Friday is mandatory. If the participant does not achieve minimum marks for qualifying, they can re-take the quiz after a minimum of 48 hours`
Avaz Subscription: An Avaz subscription with a validity of one year will be handed out to all Avaz AAC Certified Professionals at the end of the course.
Please note that the certificate and the free Avaz license will no longer be valid for anyone found to have shared incorrect information or involved in malpractices of any kind. Avaz Inc. holds the right to revoke the license and certification and remove anybody’s name from the list of Avaz AAC Certified Professionals on our website.
Avaz Inc. is the owner of all the course content. Sharing it with others is a violation of copyright law and strictly prohibited.